October 5th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
There’s no question, divorce is expensive. Splitting your assets and paying attorneys fees can make you feel weak in the knees. The following list offers options to help curb some of those painful divorce expenditures and make you feel more in control.
- Pay attention to your spending. Keep a detailed log tracking how money is being spent each month.
September 27th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
- Exercise self-care.Whether you’ve been neglecting your health or appearance, it’s time to set aside part of your day for you. For those of you who swear you don’t have even five minutes to spare, I assure you five minutes is all it takes to make a difference in your life. With five minutes you can meditate, do a few sit-ups in your living room,
September 22nd, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
Imagine how your life will change for better and for worse. Work out in your mind what some of the logistics might be when you and your spouse begin to live apart. Things like where might you live, who will take the kids to school and help with homework. If you’re mentally prepared for these changes, the transition can be much more manageable.
August 29th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
There are many variables in post-divorce dating and it is different for everyone. Some people are ready to move on right away while others require time to heal. Here are some signs to look for if you’re wondering if you’re ready to enter the dating world.
- You feel good about yourself. You’re regaining confidence and feeling comfortable in your own skin
- You’re thinking less about the past and more about the present.
August 25th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
Some people’s experience of divorce is freeing, but for many it can bring devastation. It takes a lot of strength to pick up the pieces and the thought of starting over can feel daunting. Here are some tips taken from 3 Tips to Help You Recover from Divorce by Dalila Jusic-LaBerge that can help you begin the healing process.
January 10th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
FIVE WAYS TO GET DIVORCED
PART 2: THE INITIAL STEPS
Once you have decided with certainty that a divorce is in your best interest, I recommend three imperative initial steps:
- Back off from social media
- Begin to document, document, document
- Consult with an attorney
The first step is essential!