September 18th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
A mediator doesn’t represent either spouse. Mediators assume a netural role in which they work on behalf of both parties and facilitate constructive communication.
Everything discussed in mediation is kept private. Mediators cannot be subpoenaed or called to testify on behalf of mediation clients. This allows the mediation room to be a safe place promoting open dialogue and a cooperative outcome.
September 12th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
And stick to your guns! You can still be courteous and make your limits known (and enforce them!) Narcissists don’t like other people creating boundaries for them but it’s necessary to show your children that they can deal with them just like anyone else. Be patient, hold your ground, and know that you’re setting an example for your kids.
September 8th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
Mediation saves you time, which is vital to business owners, but there are more reasons to consider mediation when considering divorce.
Here are some common scenarios we see in our office:
– Both spouses have owned and operated a business together during their marriage;
– One spouse has owned and operated a business during the marriage;
September 5th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
You’re going through one of the hardest experiences of your life and you’re making a lot of major decisions. Knowing you’ve got a good lawyer in your corner is imperative, but there are so many attorneys out there it can be hard to know just where to start.
- INTERVIEW I cannot stress this enough. You may feel like the lawyer on the TV ad is the one for you but it’s a good idea to speak with 2-3 prospective divorce attorneys before moving forward with your divorce.
August 29th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
There are many variables in post-divorce dating and it is different for everyone. Some people are ready to move on right away while others require time to heal. Here are some signs to look for if you’re wondering if you’re ready to enter the dating world.
- You feel good about yourself. You’re regaining confidence and feeling comfortable in your own skin
- You’re thinking less about the past and more about the present.
August 25th, 2017 by Marta J. Papa
Some people’s experience of divorce is freeing, but for many it can bring devastation. It takes a lot of strength to pick up the pieces and the thought of starting over can feel daunting. Here are some tips taken from 3 Tips to Help You Recover from Divorce by Dalila Jusic-LaBerge that can help you begin the healing process.